Amazon does not offer a military discount on products, Amazon Prime, AWS, or other services, but there are a few options that can help you save on everyday expenses and ways to receive a reduced rate on the Prime membership.
Does Amazon offer a military discount?
- No! Amazon does not offers a military discount
How can I save with Amazon?
- Amazon Prime Basic
- Low Income Prime Discount
- Student Amazon Prime Discount
- AWS Educate for Veterans
- Subscribe & Save
Amazon Veterans Day Discount
Last Veterans Day, Amazon recognized veterans with a Amazon Prime discount.
Be on the lookout for more from Amazon next Veterans Day!
2022 Amazon Prime Day
The most recent Amazon Prime Day was held on Monday, June 21 and Tuesday, June 22, 2021. It kicked off Monday at midnight Pacific time (3 a.m. Eastern) and run through Tuesday. Prime Day 2020 fell on October 13th and 14th. While Prime Day 2022 has yet to be announced, many are speculating that it will likely fall in June or July of this year.
Amazon Prime Day Features
- Prime members can start shopping early exclusive offers and deals leading up to the Prime Day event.
- The Prime Day event will offer discounts on 2 million products across the two-day sale.
- Prime members get a $10 promotional credit if they buy $40 or more in select Prime-branded Amazon Gift Cards from June 2 through June 20.
- The retailer is promising never-before-seen exclusives across Prime Video, Amazon Music and Prime Gaming.
- Prime members can get a $10 credit to spend on Prime Day when they spend $10 on items sold by select small businesses in Amazon’s store from June 7 to June 20
Amazon wants to help US service members, transitioning veterans, and military spouses train for high-demand, cloud computing jobs. Those who qualify will have access to a free membership to AWS Educate, which includes: AWS Educate promotional credits, access to an AWS Educate Starter Account with AWS Educate credits, and more. No credit card is required.
How do I qualify for the Amazon Prime discounts?
- The basic Amazon Prime membership is available for everyone to purchase at any time. The Best Prime membership benefits include:
- Free 2-day shipping
- Free 1-day & same day delivery on select items in select zip codes (review shipping details at checkout)
- Free streaming on Prime Video
- Free streaming on Prime Music
- Shopping discounts at Whole Foods Markets
- Free grocery delivery from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market, with options for one- and two-hour delivery windows
- Prime exclusives for families such as up to 20% off subscriptions to diapers, baby food and select other products
- Access to thousands of books and magazines through Prime Reading
- Unlimited photo storage in Amazon Photos
- Membership Sharing – You can share your Prime membership with your household via Amazon Household
- Twitch Prime – Exclusive promotions for Twitch.tv users who link their prime account
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: Eligible Prime members earn 5% back every day on all Amazon.com purchases
- Prime Wardrobe: Prime Wardrobe is a Prime-exclusive program where you can try before you buy
- Amazon Pharmacy – Low prices on medication, free delivery, and pharmacists on-call 24/7. Amazon Pharmacy works with most insurance plans, offers easy-to-understand upfront pricing, and easy refills.
- The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card – Get a $50 Amazon Gift Card instantly upon approval
- No annual credit card fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Easily redeem rewards points on eligible Amazon purchases
- Get 3% cash back at Amazon and Whole Foods Market, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% back on all other purchases, including utilities and rideshare
- Peace of mind for lifes unexpected moments, including roadside dispatch assistance, purchase protection, extended warranty protection, and auto rental damage waivers
- Includes Visa Signature perks – room upgrades and VIP guest status at Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection properties
- Click here to learn more about the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- The Low Income Prime Discount includes all the perks of the basic Prime Membership. The Low Income discount is applicable for 48 months and requires verification every 12 months. It begins with a free 30-day trial, and upon verification you will be billed per month plus any required taxes. This plan does not include the household sharing option. Eligibility requirements include:
- Verification of government assistance
- Provide EBT Card information or
- Provide Medicaid Card information
- The Student Amazon Prime Discount includes all the perks of the regular prime membership except for access to Prime Music, Prime Instant Video, or Kindle Lending Library. However, if you are eligible, the student membership includes a free six month trial and is discounted per year after the trial. This discount will only be valid for four years from the time of registration. Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a student
- Must have a .edu email address
- The Subscribe & Save option on Amazon could help you save money if you have items that you need to replenish regularly such as pet food, household items, batteries, diapers, and more. Choose five items or more to be delivered in one month and you will receive up to 15% off your purchase.
Does Amazon ship to APO/FPO addresses?
- YES! Amazon ships to APO/FPO addresses. Standard deliveries may take up to 21 days to these addresses. Items that can not be shipped to APO/FPO addresses include:
- Cell phones and service
- Standalone lithium batteries
- Lithium batteries packed separately with equipment (products that come with lithium batteries installed are permitted for shipping to APO and FPO addresses)
- Outdoor living items
- Some apparel, baby items, camera and photo, electronics, health and personal care, housewares, jewelry, software, sports, and tools and hardware items may not be available for APO/FPO shipping.
More Ways Amazon Supports the Military Community
While Amazon does not directly offer military discounts, they are a major employer of Veterans and their spouses, with a pledge to hire 25,000 Veterans by 2021.
Amazon has committed $5 million toward funding the startup costs for Veterans, offering $10,000 reimbursements to qualified candidates to build their own Amazon Delivery Service Partner businesses.
Apply at: amazon.com/DSP-VA
What is Amazon?
- Amazon is an online marketplace that sells products and services to people all over the world through multiple outlets.
- Some of Amazon’s brands include:
- Book Depository
- Whole Foods Markets
- Create Space
More on Amazon
- Amazon was founded in a garage in Bellevue, Washington by Jeff Bezos.
- Amazon originally only sold books.
- Amazon has over 300,000 employees.
- Amazon ships about 35 products per second.
- Amazon accounts for over 40% of all online sales.
- 25% of adult Americans have an Amazon Prime membership.
- Amazon uses robots to help with order fulfillment.