Big Lots! is a popular closeout retailer for customers that may be on a tight budget, or may just enjoy a treasure-hunt atmosphere. They offer an extensive assortment of brand-name items and products, including food, furniture, seasonal items, electronics and accessories, housewares, home décor, toys, and gifts. There are 1,400 plus locations in 47 states plus online shopping.
Does Big Lots Offer a Military Discount?
Yes!, Big Lots! does offer a year-round military discount. In honor of Veterans Day, Big Lots! announced the introduction of a year-round 10% discount for active military personnel and veterans who are members of the company’s Big Rewards program.
Big Lots Veterans Day Military Discount
The new “Always On” discount for active military and veterans is available to all Big Rewards members year-round online and at all Big Lots stores nationwide starting Nov. 1, 2020.
More Ways to Save at Big Lots!
- Shop Big Lots! Deals
- Check out the Weekly Ad
- Use Big Lots! Coupons
- Ask for the online price if it’s lower than what’s in store and vice versa
- Get a competitor’s lower price as long as the competitor has a physical store
- Request a price adjustment up to 30 days after you make a purchase
- Buy discounted Big Lots! gift cards online.
- Join the Big Rewards Card!
Big Rewards Card!
The Big Rewards Card! is an incentive program for loyal Big Lots customers. Interested customers can enroll online or in store.
Reward benefits may include:
- 3 Purchases = $5 Reward: Earn a $5 reward for every 3 purchases. You can combine Rewards with other offers too
- Furniture Bonus: Earn up to a $50 Reward on your next indoor or outdoor furniture purchase
- VIP Shopping Days: Enjoy 20% off savings during member-only Friends & Family VIP shopping days.
- Birthday Surprise: It’s a secret but it will be a great offer that can used in store or online.
- Buy More, Save More: Receive frequent money saving coupons.
What is Big Lots!?
- In 1967, Sol Shenk founded Consolidated International, Inc. – the company that is now Big Lots.
- In 1970 the company began operating as Consolidated International.
- Consolidated launched the Odd Lots/Big Lots! closeout chain in 1982.
- Over the years the chain grew to include stores doing business as Big Lots!, Odd Lots, Mac Frugal’s Bargains * Closeouts, and Pic ‘N’ Save.
- In 2001 the array of store names and company identites were converted to a single national brand: Big Lots!.
More on Big Lots!
- Patio & Garden
- Home Decor
- Kitchen & Dining
- Personal Care
- Apparel, Footwear & Accessories
- Home Storage
- Seasonal and Holiday Items
- Curtains & Window Treatment
- Bed & Bath
- Home Inspiration
- Pet Food & Supplies
Military Discount Categories
Cristina Van Orden is a literary writer and active military spouse. She holds an MFA from Antioch University and taught K-12 English before working in editorial. Cristina currently resides on base with her husband and children.