Making memories that last a lifetime is priceless. Being able to make those memories at no cost is even better. Blue Star Museums honors military members and their families by offering free admission at participating locations. Visit a Blue Star Museum and start creating lasting memories with your family at no cost!
Do Blue Star Museums offer a military discount?
- Yes they do! Participating museums across the country offer a special deal for military members. Between Armed Forces/Memorial Day and Labor day, service members and their families will receive free admission.
Who qualifies for the discount?
To qualify for this program, you must be affiliated with the military. Qualified individuals are as follows:
- Active Duty
- National Guard
- Post 9-11 Active Duty
- Post 9-11 Veteran
- Gold Star Family
If applying for this program (and you are not the person serving in the military), your relationship to the service member must be the following:
- Civilian Supporter
How do I qualify?
To apply/qualify to become a Blue Star Family, visit their website, click join and create an account. Once your profile has been completed, your information (military affiliation) will be verified (Membership is free). Joining this program can easily be done online. Therefore applying for the Blue Star Museum membership can be accessed from anywhere.
Additional Blue Star Museum Membership Details
- This membership is available to all branches of service.
- The Blue Star Museum program was created to say thank you to military families for all the sacrifices they do for our nation.
What are the Blue Star Museums?
- This program was created because great activities are needed to help military families and kids cope with the lifestyle they are leading.
- There are over 2,000 museums that honor the Blue Star Families Program.
- Many families do not go to museums because the admission is too pricey. Blue Star museums help alleviate this obstacle, allowing military families to have quality time with their families, without worrying about paying for admission.
- Blue Star Museums are encouraging families to take part in culturally related activities. Visiting museums are a great way to do this and will be beneficial to the entire family.
- Blue Star Families was founded in 2009 by military spouses. Their mission is to empower military families to continue to thrive as they are serving our nation. Those spouses are committed to strengthening military families by creating a connection and relationship to their neighbors (individuals and organizations). These relationships will in turn create strong community support.
- Blue Star Family programs are constantly striving to solve specific challenges for the military families. Some of those challenges include economic insecurity, spouse career development, creating family strength with rich programming and providing critical peer support for caregivers.
- This organization has more than 150,000 members in network (worldwide) and they are proud to say they’ve touched and continue to make a difference for more than 1.5 million family members a year. Blue Star wants to ensure that no matter where American military families go, they will always feel connected and cared for.