BP offers discounts for members of their rewards program to save on gas. Military members and essential personnel may qualify for an additional discount.
BP Supporting Our Communities Program
BP offers five cents off to all BPme reward members, and an additional ten cents off per gallon to essential workers when used within sixty days of starting the reward program.
Those eligible for the bonus discount include doctors, nurses, first responders, hospital workers, military service members of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Space Force, Coast Guard, National Guard and Reserves, military veterans, classroom teachers, college professors, university professors, school principals and assistant principals, school employees and students. Status will be verified with ID.me
The company says that all BPme Rewards members can save 5-cents per gallon on every fill-up. The bonus 10-cent per gallon rewards are applied to each gallon for up to 99 transactions at participating Amoco Gas Stations within 60 days of activating the reward offer.
Visit BPme Rewards to verify eligibility and sign up for BPme Rewards. Once successfully verified through ID.me, a 10 cent per gallon bonus reward will be applied to your account within 24 hours.
About BPme Rewards
BP also has cash back offers on other things like groceries and related purchases. The BPme app has good ratings overall. They require a name, email and promotion code, to sign up to their BPme rewards program. From there, one needs a completed verification of identity and occupation via ID.me. If you’re already a BPme member then it’s a matter of using the verification partner website to confirm your identity. Signing up means giving up your personal id and agreeing to advertisements and data collections. Here’s a selection of the information BP collects as listed below.
BP generally collect the following categories of Personal Information (from the BP Website):
- Identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you
- Internet or other electronic information regarding your browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information
- Your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information
- Audio recordings of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law; and
- Inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes
To sign up for the discount, military members, veterans, first responders, students, teachers, and health care workers can visit bp.com/localheroes. Get started by logging into your BPme rewards to verify your status with ID.me.
Every little bit helps, and BP understands that service members are often put at the front line of the pandemic and other emergency situations. Share this article with someone you know who meets the eligibility requirements so they can save a little more.