Cabela’s provide a 5% military discount for active duty, retirees, veterans and National Guard members and reservists. This discount is available in-store only and not online or by phone.
Does Cabela’s offer a military discount?
- YES! Cabela’s offers the Legendary Salute military discount, a year-round 5% military discount on select Cabela’s Gear. The Legendary Salute military discount may not be used with other promotions but can be used on items permanently marked down. Restrictions may apply on some items, such as firearms, ammunition, boats, ATVs/UTVs, boat and ATV trailers, tractors, alcohol, gift cards, and non-merchandise services.
— Cabela’s (@Cabelas) April 20, 2017
Veteran’s Day Discount
Traditionally, Cabela’s offers additional Veteran’s Day deals by location. Last year, the Hometown Heroes discount provided savings for military personnel and first responders. Check with your area location for Veteran’s Day promotions!
Cabela’s also honors their year-round 5% military discount online and in-stores. This typically can be used with other sales and promotions. Always call or speak with a store manager on extra savings.
Who qualifies for the discount?
- Active duty
- Military retirees
- Military veterans
- National Guard members and reservists
How do I qualify?
- Bring proof of military service in store and provide at purchase. Acceptable proof of military service includes:
- Military ID
- Active or expired
- State issued identification listing veteran status (i.e. driver’s license)
- DD214 (DOD discharge papers)
- Military ID
Does Cabela’s ship to APO/FPO addresses?
- YES! Cabela’s ships to APO/FPO addresses through USPS.
- Expedited shipping is not available to APO/FPO addresses and some restrictions may apply.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for Standard Shipping.
- Ensure that the APO/FPO address is properly formatted.
Additional Cabela’s Discount Details
- The discount is available in-store only. It is not available online or by phone.
- Cabela’s is a leading retailer of outdoor goods that specializes in fishing, boating, hunting, and archery equipment.
- Cabela’s products include:
- Hunting gear and accessories
- Fishing gear and accessories
- Firearms and tactical gear
- Camping gear and accessories
- Boating equipment
- Car and RV equipment and accessories
- ATVs and UTVs
- Outdoor clothing and footwear
- Home and cabin goods
- Hobby accessories and electronics
- Cabela’s also offers free by-subscription online guides to hunting, fishing, and camping which provide regularly up-to-date articles and videos on hunting, fishing and camping news, products, and tips
More on Cabela’s
- Cabela’s was founded in 1961 in the kitchen of Dick and Mary Cabela’s in Chappell, Nebraska. Cabela’s grew from a startup mail-order store to one of the biggest retailers in outdoor goods today; it was recognized as number one in the outdoor retailer industry in 2006.
- Cabela’s offers a comprehensive outdoor retail experience; its stores are as much wildlife museums and education centers as retail centers, and Cabela’s is recognized for its extensive work with conservation organizations.
- Cabela’s is committed to serving the military. Initiatives to support members and veterans of the Armed Forces include:
- Active veteran recruiting for store employees
- Regular donations to and advocacy for American Veterans (AMVETS) and United Service Organizations (USO)
- Hosting events to help veterans reconnect with nature
- Compiling care packages for Special Forces Units located overseas
- Cabela’s was bought by Bass Pro Shops, another major outdoor goods retailer, in 2017. Although the brands will remain separate, both stores hope to be able to bring an even better outdoor goods shopping experience to customers through combined buying power, expertise, and advocacy for conservation.