Xfinity offers a $100 VISA prepaid card and $25 Xfinity coupon to service members and veterans with installation or with any Xfinity service.
Afforadable, high-speed internet is available to eligible Veterans and low-income households through Internet Essentials from Comcast. There is no credit check, no installation fee, no term contract and in-home WiFi is included.
Update: 2 Months Free Internet for Low-Income Veterans
Effective March 16, 2020 Comcast Internet Essentials will be free to new veteran customers that qualify for the program.
- New veterans who connect will get 60 days of Internet service for free
- Speeds will increase from 15/2 MBPS to 25/3 for all new and existing customers, and will become the speed of the service going forward
- Installation is free and no contracts are necessary
- Service can be canceled for no charge or pay $9.95 a month after two months.
- Apply by June 30, 2021.
To sign up, applicants can visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
“Veterans have stood up for our country, and for our way of life, and we believe it’s time for all of us to stand up for those veterans,” said David L. Cohen, Comcast’s senior executive vice president and chief diversity officer.
Does Comcast offer a military discount?
- YES! Xfinity provides special benefits for new military customers and existing military customers (with restrictions).
- YES! Internet Essentials from Comcast offers low-cost internet service to Veterans and need-based households. Package includes 15/2 Mbps for $9.95/month, in-home WiFi at no charge, and an extra 40 hours of Xfinity Hotspot every 30 days.
How can Veterans apply for Internet Essentials?
Veterans can start the application through the Online Application Tool.
Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376)
Who qualifies for the XFinity and Internet Essentials discount?
- Active duty: Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, Space Force
- Military retirees
- Military veterans
- National Guard members and reservists
How do I qualify?
XFinity Military Discount:
Internet Essentials from Comcast:
- Must be a low-income veteran currently receiving federal or state aid.
- Do not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than a year old. Veterans with outstanding debt more than one year old may still be eligible.
- Live in an area where Comcast Internet service is available but have not subscribed to it within the last 90 days.
- Provide proof of service and financial aid
Who Else is Eligible for Internet Essentials?
Families, Seniors and Individuals may qualify if…
- Your child is eligible for the National Lunch Program
- Families who home school their children
- You receive HUD housing assistance
- You’re a senior and qualify under certain conditions (not open to all markets)
Additional Comcast Discount Details
- If you have XFinity and/or XFinity voice but no XFinity Internet you can still qualify
- Option to purchase an internet-ready computer for $149.99
- Applicants that are auto-approved should be approved within approximately 5 business days of their application date.
- Applicants that are not auto-approved should be approved within 7-10 business days of the date that they submitted their signed application and supporting documentation.