Comcast offers $10-a-month WiFi to low-income military veterans who are currently receiving federal or state aid. Veterans can apply for the Comcast Internet Essentials broadband program which provides up to 15 Mbps speeds as well as the opportunity to purchase a computer under $150 and resources for digital literacy training.
There is no credit check, no installation fee, no term contract and in-home WiFi is included.
“Veterans have stood up for our country, and for our way of life, and we believe it’s time for all of us to stand up for those veterans,” said David L. Cohen, Comcast’s senior executive vice president and chief diversity officer
Does Comcast offer a military discount?
- YES! Through the Interest Essentials broadband program.
How can Veterans apply for Internet Essentials?
Veterans can start the application through the Online Application Tool.
Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376).
Who qualifies for the Comcast discount?
- Active duty
- Military retirees
- Military veterans
- National Guard members and reservists
How do I qualify?
- Must be a low-income veteran currently receiving federal or state aid.
- Do not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than a year old. Veterans with outstanding debt more than one year old may still be eligible.
- Live in an area where Comcast Internet service is available but have not subscribed to it within the last 90 days.
- Provide proof of service and financial aid
Who Else is Eligible for Internet Essentials?
Families, Seniors and Individuals may qualify if…
- Your child is eligible for the National Lunch Program
- Families who home school their children
- You receive HUD housing assistance
- You’re a senior and qualify under certain conditions (not open to all markets)
Additional Comcast Discount Details
- If you have XFINITY and/or XFINITY voice but no XFINITY Internet you can still qualify
- Applicants that are auto-approved should be approved within approximately 5 business days of their application date.
- Applicants that are not auto-approved should be approved within 7-10 business days of the date that they submitted their signed application and supporting documentation.