Use this calculator to determine the sale price and savings discount from a discount percentage or fixed amount off a product or service.
Price After Discount
How To Use The Discount Calculator
- Enter the Original Price of the product or service.
- Toggle between the type of discount (Percent Off or Total Amount Off) and then enter the percentage or amount off.
- Click Calculate.
- Review and share the results.
Online Discount Calculator Formula
Percentage Off Formula
Discount Price = Original Price X (1 – (Discount % Off / 100))
Savings = Original Price X (Discount % Off / 100)
Fixed Discount Amount Off Formula
Discount Price = Original Price – Fixed Discount Amount
How To Calculate Discount Percentage in Excel
If you know the original price and the percentage discount, you can calculate the discounted price and savings.
- Cell A2: Apply the Dollar format and enter the Original Price in a cell.
- Cell B2: Apply the Percentage format to a separate cell and enter the Percentage Discount.
- Cell C2: Multiply the Original Amount by the Percentage Discount.
- Apply the Dollar Format
- Excel Formula to enter in C2: =A2*B2
- Cell D2: Subtract the Percentage Discount from 1 and multiply this result by the Original Price.
- Apply the Dollar Format
- Excel Formula to enter in D2: =(1-B2)*A2
|Original Price||Percent Discount||Savings||Sale Price|
What is percentage discount?
A percentage discount is a discount that is given to shoppers on a product or service. For example, a percentage discount of 25% would mean that an item that originally cost $100 would now cost $75 and the shopper would save $25 on the item.
How to Calculate 25% Off?
- Divide 25 with 100 which is equal to 0.25.
- Multiple 0.25 with the original price of the product.
How to Calculate 75% Off?
- Divide 75 with 100 which is equal to 0.75.
- Multiple 0.75 with the original price of the product.
How Do You Reverse a Percentage?
- Subtract the Discount Amount from 100 to find the Original Price in percentage.
- Multiply the final by 100.
- Divide Step Two by Step One.
Types of Price Discounts
Here are many common types of discounts.
- Percentage Discounts: A percentage discount off the original amount.
- Fixed Amount Discounts: A fixed dollar amount off the original amount.
- Group Discounts: Discounts to niche audiences such as niche audiences like military, students, senior citizens, teachers, students, first responders, medical professionals, nurses, and employees.
- Volume Discounts: A discount based on the number of units purchased.
- Trade Discounts: Discounts provided by a supplier to distributors or retailers that for the purpose of re-selling to consumers.
- Promotional: A lower price or discount is temporarily offered in order to entice shoppers to buy.
- Seasonal Discounts: Discounts offered around events or holidays such as Veterans Day, Military Appreciation Month, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Valentine’s Day, Summer, Winter, Mother’s Day or Back to School.
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO): This promotion can be applied in two ways: There’s buy one get one free or buy one get the 2nd item % off.
- Free shipping: No shipping fees for completing a purchase or meeting a qualifier such as a minimum spend amount.
- Free Gift: A free gift with a purchase.
- Trade-in Credit: This is a discount offered on the purchase of a product when another product (often older product version) owned by the customer is traded in.