Disney created exciting buzz this year from the new Stars Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and talk of the Epcot premiere attractions at Walt Disney World. The changes are certainly redefining the “happiest-place-on-earth” in 2019.
So what’s the latest buzz on military-friendly special promotions? With the holidays right around the corner, there is still time to take stock on available deals for the rest of the year. Here are some ways military personnel and their families can plan and enjoy the new developments at Disney theme parks.
Disney Admission for Military Members
Disney Armed Forces Salute Program is proud to offer up to six discounted tickets for Disney theme parks in the U.S. The deal is for all military personnel and their spouses, including:
- Active duty
- National Guard
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Retired military
Visit your nearest installation ticket office and present a valid military I.D. to purchase tickets. Tickets must be purchased by either the service member or their spouse and must be over the age of 18. While there, ask the recreations office for local Disney deals.
Disneyland Hopper Tickets
Disneyland in Anaheim, California offers 3-Day and 4-Day Military Promotional Hopper Tickets, allowing you to “hop” between the main park and Disney California Adventure.
- Deals can be purchased from November 1, 2018 through December 18, 2019. Admission is valid between January 1 through April 13 and April 23 through December 21, 2019.
- Prices are $178 for 3-Day Hopper tickets and $198 for 4-Day tickets.
- Want to capture the memory? The Disney PhotoPass Collection comes with professional pictures at a discounted price of $49.
Disney World Military Promotional Tickets
The Disney Armed Forces Salute program currently offers 4-Day and 5-Day Military Promotional Tickets at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Disney World boasts four main parks and waterparks, so you’ll get more than you bargained for.
- Purchase dates and prices differ based on which duration you choose. Admission is valid between January 1, 2019 through December 19, 2019.
- Prices for 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets are $241 plus tax and may be purchased through December 16, 2019.
- Prices for 5-Day Military Promotional Tickets are $257 plus tax and may be purchased through December 15, 2019.
- The Park Hopper Plus Option allows admission to the two waterparks for $50 plus tax.
- The Memory Maker photo package is also available for a discounted price of $98.
Disney Hotels & Lodging
For the complete magical experience, stay at a Disney Resort hotel and save upwards of 30-40%. Premium and standard suites are available with added perks—enjoy a themed suite for your family or run into your favorite Disney character at the dining hall. It’s the most valued choice for visitors who prefer proximity to the theme park.
- Book now through December 18, 2019. Reservations are available from January 1, 2019 through April 14 and April 22, 2019 through December 21, 2019.
- Disneyland Resort in Anaheim includes Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, Disneyland Hotel, and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa.
- Those who stay at Disney Resort hotels have access to Magic Hours, an added benefit for early admission to the park, restaurants, and shows. Magic Hours does not include the new attraction, Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge.
- Suites are based on availability and exclude Moderate and Deluxe suites. Call in advance for reservations.
Shades of Green
For affordable options, check out Shades of Green located within Walt Disney World grounds. Shades of Green is an Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) with hotel amenities including dining packages and luxury accommodations. Your reservation also includes complimentary shuttle service to the park and Magic Hours access. Rates are determined by rank category and available on a limited basis. FastPass Plus reservation window can be made up to 60 days prior to check-in.
Disney park fans swear by preparing ahead and buying merchandise off-site. Shop Disney periodically posts special promotions online, or you can visit a Disney Store location near you and receive a military-friendly discount with 10% off merchandise. Just present a valid military I.D. to receive a discount.