What is Games to Grunts?
Video games are a popular recreational activity among military members and are proven to be an invaluable relief for veterans. Operation Supply Drop’s Games to Grunts provides all active-duty, veterans, retirees, and their families with a number of free downloadable video game codes.
The offer includes Steam, tinyBuild, Wastelands Interactive, and XBOX systems. The supply is limited so the program runs on a first-come-first-serve basis.
What types of games are available?
Games to Grunts encourages anyone with an ID.me Troop ID to join and gain access to an assortment of PC and video games including:
- TEKKEN 7
- World of Warships
- Gears of War 4
- SOUL CALIBUR VI
- Cooking Simulator
- Digital Melody games
- XBOX Game Pass
- XBOX Live Gold
Who qualifies for the discount?
- Active duty
- Military family members eligible with an ID.me Troop ID
How do I qualify?
- Visit the Games to Grunts website for a complete list of available videogames. You’ll be asked to create an account using general contact information upon cart checkout.
- Verify proof of military service through ID.me Troop ID. You can choose from the following status verification options:
- USAA membership
- Government service record anytime after 9/30/1985
- A .mil email address
- DD214 documentation
- Other forms of documentation with proof of service
- Verification may vary depending upon the option you choose
- Once verification is complete, you will be directed to the final stages of checkout and asked to identify the nearest base at either your area of residence or deployment station.
- Game keys or the downloadable games are delivered to you once the process is complete.
Media coverage created an influx of video game keys and the site experienced high traffic over the course of a few days. You never know when supply is available. Continue to check on the site for updates and new games!
Steam (PC) Games
- You’ll need to create an account on Steam.
- Simply go to Games Menu > Activate a Product on Steam to enter your Steam key provided by Games to Grunts.
- Keep in mind, each game has a limit on the number of keys that may be used.
More Information on Operation Supply Drop
- Operation Supply Drop (OSD) was created in 2010 as part of a Veteran Support Ecosystem to provide social engagement opportunities for veterans.
- OSD is committed to shared values of accountability, action, seeing knowledge, community focus, leadership, and fellowship.
- OSD relies on publishers and volunteers to cycle supply to veterans.
- Since 2010, OSD has impacted over 750,000 veterans to enhance their lives through programs that span to cover social connectivity, professional development, and community stewardship.
- OSD works with developers and publishers to deliver keys and games to the military gaming community. Approximately 1,000,000 video games have been distributed since the inception of Games to Grunt.
- In 2019, over 50,000 video games were distributed in a 96-hour period. Gaming is a high demand activity in the military community.
Cristina Van Orden is a literary writer and active military spouse. She holds an MFA from Antioch University and taught K-12 English before working in editorial. Cristina currently resides on base with her husband and children.