Military discounts are a great perk of being in the military, having served or being part of the military community. While there are many establishments that offer military discounts, there are many that do not. We’re always thankful for the ones that do as living on military budget can be difficult for families However, we’re always hoping more will come out with discounts and here is a list of ones many of us would like to see.
Online and Retail Stores We Wish Offered a Military Discount.
Please note some individual locations on this list may choose to offer a military discount (always ask!) but there is no uniform discount offer across all locations.
Brick & Mortar
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- Hobby Lobby
- Toys “R” Us
- Food Lion
- Stater Brothers
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
- Amazon Prime
- Playstation Store
- XBox Live
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Burger King
- Dunkin Donuts
- Outback Steakhouse
- Red Robin
Takeaways from our informal research:
- Most if not all grocery stores do not offer military discounts which is unfortunate because many military families do not live near commissaries.
- Same with fast serve restaurants however there are many individual locations that do if you ask.
- Large retailers like Walmart and Target do not.
- While we didn’t list an luxury retailers most do not except for jewelry retailers.
- Same with gas stations.
- Many companies would like to offer discounts but simply can’t without losing money on the product. An example would be grocery stores where the margins are very low.