America’s pastime, baseball is the epitome of patriotism so for a military discount to be offered is suiting. Veterans and military members can receive a MLB.TV discount due in part to a partnership between the San Diego Padres and USAA. The discount offered is 35 percent off.
Does MLB.TV offer a military discount?
Yes! MLB.TV offers a 35% discount for both active-duty military and veterans on the service’s $139.99 yearly package subscription fee, making the total for military members $90.99. The MLB partnered with GovX to make this possible.
Who Qualifies for the discount?
- Active-duty military in the United States military including in the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Space Force, and Coast Guard
- The discount applies to Veterans of the six branches of the military
- The discount applies to dependents of active and retired members
- National Guard, reservists, veterans, and their dependents are applicable for the discount
How do I qualify?
- The discount is available to all military members
- A valid military or government ID
- Products offered by MLB.TV include either team-specific channels that allow for military members to watch their favorite team or the entire league away from home and at the touch of a finger
- MLB apps are supported on iPhone and Android, allow users to listen to home, away and Spanish language radio broadcasts, and pitch-by-pitch features
- On Demand Video Content that includes specials and historical games at the touch of a finger
» MORE: Military & First Responders get 15% off on MLB gear from MLBshop.com
Other ways to watch Major League Baseball
MLB.TV is a fantastic service for baseball fans who live outside of their favorite team’s TV market, however, its blackout restrictions can be frustrating for casual fans. This is due to the fact that local team games are blacked out on MLB.TV. While MLB.TV may not be a good fit for local fans, there are plenty of alternatives to watch your favorite team play including:
- Hulu + Live TV
- AT&T TV
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
Subscribers to Amazon Prime offers a MLB.TV package you can subscribe to with Prime Video Channels. This allows you to watch MLB.TV through the Prime Video app on more than 650 connected devices like Fire TV, compatible Smart TVs, tablets, and phones.
MLB on Sling TV
SlingTV is one of the most cost effective options for watching Major League Baseball. They offer two combo packages, depending on the channels you need. Sling Blue + Sports Extra will run a combined $46/month while giving you access to MLB playoff action, including the World Series, the MLB Network, and all nationally televised games on channels like TNT, TBS, USA, and FOX.
For those looking for additional sports coverage, Sling Orange + Sling Blue + Sports Extra makes for a grand slam package. At a combined $60/month, this package offers the best value for baseball fans. It includes the AL Wild Card on ESPN, the World Series on FOX, and every playoff game in between. Plus, the Sports Extra package includes the MLB Network and top NFL and college channels like NFL RedZone, Big Ten Network, Pac-12 Networks, and the SEC Network.
Military Discount Categories
Rebecca has an undeniable love of writing and recently graduated from Cal State Long Beach with a degree in journalism. She enjoys watching hockey, scuba diving, swimming, and working out.