Updated Date: November 5, 2020
This website is owned and operated by IGS Publishing Inc. IGS Publishing Inc. (includes “us,” “we,” or “our”) is a portfolio of brands and digital platforms that connect people with information.
We at IGS Publishing Inc. (referred to as “Company.”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of certain information (“information”) collected about our customers and prospective customers (referred to as “customers”, “you”, “visitors” or “your”). This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices our collection, use, and disclosure of information.
Personal and Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is data about you that is personally identifiable; like your name, email address, IP address, or any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
What Information Do We Collect and Why?
Information collected directly from you:
- Information You Provide About Others. Sometimes, you may provide information about others- for example, to refer a friend for a newsletter. We may use this information to make our Services available to the people you refer.
- Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we may collect your name and e
–mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, to reply. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to receive and act upon your feedback or issues.
- Mailing List. If you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address and/or name. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to share information about our products or services.
- Partner Promotion. We collect information that you may choose to provide as part of a promotion with another company. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to fulfill our promotions.
- Sweepstakes or contests. When you choose to participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we collect information about you, which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to operate the contest or sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter our sweepstakes, and we have a business interest in complying with those laws.
- Employment-related data (directly from you): When you choose to apply for employment with a IGS Publishing Inc., we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your resume or CV, Social Security Number, and other information you provide during the application and recruitment process. The purpose of collection is to help us match you to open positions, facilitate the recruiting process, and perform our contract of employment or the anticipation of employment with you.
Information collected Automatically:
–mail Interconnectivity. If you receive email from us, we may use tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
- Mobile Devices (such as Phones, Tablets, Connected TVs, Gaming Consoles, and Other Digital Media Streaming Devices). We may collect information from your Mobile Device, such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting one of our Services. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their devices.
- Website interactions. We use technology to discover how you interact with our website (e.g., session replay). This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a business need to secure our Services and detect and prevent fraud.
- Cookies, generally. We and our service providers operating on our behalf, and other businesses who collect information on our pages may automatically collect or receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of the Services through device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, scripts or other technology. The purposes for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to make our website operate efficiently, provide you with different website experiences.
- Cookies, for advertising. Some of our Services participate in behavior-based advertising, which means that technology (e.g., a cookie) is used to collect information about your use of our Services to provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our Services , or on other websites. The purposes for collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to engage in behavior-based advertising and capture analytics on our Services. The information we collect may include geolocation data, such as (a) information that identifies the precise location of your mobile device (when you agree to allow an app or Service to collect this) and (b) your IP address, which may be used to estimate your approximate location. We use this information to ensure that the Services work properly, and to deliver customized content and advertising, including personalized ads, to you.
- Cross-Device Tracking. We and our service providers may collect and store information about users’ interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications that use our technologies, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This allows us to infer the presence of a common user or household behind multiple devices or browsers, for instance, and then link those browsers and devices into a device graph. The purposes for collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand our users’ use of our sites across devices in order to allow users to use our services on one device and pick up seamlessly where they left off on another device. We also have a business need to provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on all of the devices.
- Data Analytics. We use certain web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services. We may collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on both an individual and aggregated basis. These analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, also use this information to place advertisements for our products on other websites that you visit after your use of the Site. These advertisements may be based on actions such as the pages you visited and actions you take during your use of the Site. For further information about how Google may use data it collects through the Site you may click here. You also may choose to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to opt out of Google Analytics data collection.
Information we may collect from other sources:
- Demographic Information. Personal Information such as your age, gender, family size, and/or educational level. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to customize content, advertising and learn about our audiences.
- Activity and usage information. including information about your interests, purchase behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on, used to customize content and advertising.
–observed data. Such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings used to customize content and advertising.
- Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services. Some of our Services may include features that are designed to interact with social media platforms and other third-party services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). If you access the Services using one of these social media platforms or other third-party services, we may receive information about you from those third-parties such as account and profile data. For more information, please refer to the “Social Media Features” section below.
- Employment-related data When you choose to apply for employment with a IGS Publishing Inc., including information from a recruitment agency. The purpose of collection is to help us match you to open positions and facilitate the recruiting process.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described elsewhere in this policy, we may use information in the following ways:
- To provide content recommendations based on your interactions and interests.
- To communicate with you and to respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To deliver marketing and promotional materials related to our Services in accordance with applicable laws, including information relating to our products, services, sales, marketing research or promotions.
- To provide you with personalized advertising on our Services based on your online activity. We use the information we have to improve our advertising systems so we can show you relevant interest-based advertising, measure the effectiveness and reach of advertisements and services, verify delivery and track performance of an advertising campaign, and ensure that an ad is only delivered when a real person is visiting the site and that the same users don’t see the same ads too frequently.
- To verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes.
- To monitor, improve, and conduct analytics on our Services and advertiser product offerings.
- For internal administrative purposes, such as safety and security of our Services, and to manage our relationships.
- To permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds and to implement Social Features you choose to use.
- The Apps in our Services may request to send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, or if you’ve initially agreed for the application to access your camera and photos and you would like to stop the Apps from accessing them, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
- To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible misconduct.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose(s) in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your Personal Information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your Personal Information with that company using appropriate safeguards, including at the negotiation stage.
- Our Business Clients. When we collect information on behalf of our business clients, we may share that information with those clients.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, assist or support our business operations and other administrative functions, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Audience Measurement Services. We may share your Personal Information with audience measurement companies like Comscore and Nielsen that help us and other websites measure and understand the audiences that view our content.
- Video Viewing Behavior. Consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites.
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information. We may share aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
- Advertising. We may share certain data with Advertising platforms, including Google and Social Networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Snapchat to allow us to target existing users and customers with highly relevant advertising campaigns. For the purposes of such campaigns. We may share a unique code (such as a hashed email address) with the applicable Advertising platform in order for that identifier to be matched against existing users of the relevant Advertising Platform and to identify potentially relevant audiences for targeted advertising. We use services such as Google Ads’ Customer Match and Facebook Custom Audiences for these purposes.
In addition to advertisements for our own goods and services, we may also facilitate third parties to advertise their own goods and services including by targeting those advertisements to those that might be most interested in them. These advertisements may be shown within our Services. In order to provide advertisements relevant to you, your IP address may be used, as well as your operating system and device type. Information about your particular device will be used to show you advertisements which work properly on that device
- Public. Some of our Services may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on our Services, that information may be publicly available
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
Opt-Out of Cookies
Updating your Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove by emailing us at info @ discounts.shop. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market to you those products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our emails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this website, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing email you receive from this website.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. Passwords are stored in encrypted format for increased security. Our servers are protected by firewalls and are physically located in secure data facilities to further increase security. While no computer is 100% safe from outside attacks, we believe that the steps we have taken to protect your personally identifiable information dramatically reduces the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Additional Notices and Disclosures
Our website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
MilitaryDiscounts.shop is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
MilitaryDiscounts.shop is an independent service that is supported by advertising. The editorial content on this website is created by and property of MilitaryDiscounts.shop. It is not provided by the companies whose products and service are discussed.
Opinions expressed here are MilitaryDiscounts.shop’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, influenced or otherwise endorsed by any third party.
Links to 3rd Party Websites
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and we may collect your email address.
This site is not intended for children. Children may only use this site with direct supervision of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years old and do not knowingly use or share personally identifiable information from users under 13 years old with third parties.
Social Media Features
If you use Social Features on our Services or access our Services from Social Features, both Red Ventures and the social media services that operate those Social Features may have access to certain information about you and your use of both our site and theirs. If you are a member of a social media site and logged in, the interfaces configured on our Services may allow the social media site to connect your site visit and browsing behavior to the personal data held on your social media site. We may use this information on an aggregate basis to place ads that are based on your interests on these social media sites. These practices are governed by the privacy statements of these social networking sites and you are advised to review these separately.
In addition, we may request your permission to a) access and collect information available from your social networking account; and b) post information to your friends on your behalf. When you connect your social networking service with your Red Ventures account, you authorize us to access certain information about you from your social networking service to provide content and services, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Services. The information we may access from your social networking services is governed by the privacy policies and settings of those third-party services.
The information collected and stored by the social media sites remains subject to those sites’ privacy practices, including whether they continue to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices with regard to what is visible to others on those third-party websites or services.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice (“CCPA): Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California, you may have the following rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). When invoking any of the following rights, in order to protect your information from disclosure to an unauthorized person who may attempt to impersonate you, it is important that you complete a consumer request either by calling our toll-free CCPA consumer request line at 800-314-5364 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org which we can use to help verify your identity. We may contact you further if necessary to verify your identity or if we have any questions about the nature of your request.
- Access and Disclosure – Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request, you may request that we disclose any of the following relating to the 12-month period prior to your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which your personal information has been collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for which we may collect or sell your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information (including our business partners and third party service providers).
- The specific personal information we have collected about you.
- Whether we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose any personal information relating to you, and if so, the categories of third parties to whom it was sold or disclosed, the categories of personal information sold or disclosed, and the business purposes for which it was sold or disclosed.
- Deletion – In some cases, you may request that your personal information in our possession be deleted, except where otherwise permitted by law. To make a request for deletion, please click here.
- Prohibition on Sale – As noted above in this section, we share some categories of Personal Information in connection with certain types of advertisements. Because interest-based advertising relies on cookies and other similar technologies, opting out needs to be controlled at the device and/or browser level. If you wish to opt out of the sharing of your Personal Information in connection with tailored advertising in desktop and mobile browsers, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ or http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#. To opt out in mobile apps, you may use your device’s “Limit Ad Tracking” or similar settings or download and use the AppChoices app at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices. To opt out on connected TVs, please use the “Limit Ad Tracking,” “Interest-based Ads,” or equivalent settings on your device. Please note that opting out does not mean that you will stop seeing all ads. You may also invoke this right by completing the form on our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” web page.
- Non-Discrimination – Consumers who invoke their CCPA rights cannot be discriminated against by any of the following means:
- Denying good or services to the consumer.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer.
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We can be contacted by emailing us at info at MilitaryDiscounts.shop or by mail at:
IGS Publishing Inc. / MilitaryDiscounts.shop
17853 Santiago Blvd
Villa Park, CA 92861