Target currently offers a military discount in-store and online twice a year: Veterans Day and Independence Day.
Does Target Offer a Military Discount?
Target does not offer a year round military discount but they do offer 10% off during November in honor of Veterans Day and on Independence Day. Additionally, Target offers these year round benefits as well:
- Add veteran/dependent status as part of their permanent guest profile all year long (visit Target.com/Circle/Military to get verified)
- Be eligible for future offers for verified military guests
- Vote to direct Target’s community giving funds to 29 local military organizations and Marine Toys for Tots through the end of 2020
Target Deal Days 2022
Alongside annual military discounts, Target has Target Deal Days, which feature a variety of sales on clothing, beauty, electronics and more. This year, Target’s Deal Days sale event is July 11-13th.
Target Days vs. Amazon Prime Day
This year, Target Days begins a day before Amazon’s infamous Prime Day sale event. Additionally, Target will have many similar deals to the e-commerce giant. Which sale is better? That will come down to specific products and their markdowns.
However, one notable benefit when comparing the two mega-sales is that any Target customer can take advantage of the deals. You don’t need to be a Circle member to shop Target’s sale, but you do need a Prime membership to take advantage of most of Amazon’s Prime Day sales.
Will Target Price Match Amazon Prime Day Deals?
No, Target will not match Amazon Prime Day sales in-store or online.
Target Veterans Day 2022 Discount
For Veterans Day, Target recognizes veterans with 10% off in-store and online purchases. On November 11th, veterans, active-duty troops and Guard and Reserve members are eligible to redeem this coupon. The retailer often extends the discount, offering the 10% off deal to eligible customers in days preceding the holiday.
Details on Target’s 2022 Veterans Day discount are yet to be released, but you can expect the 10% deal to begin early November and extend through the 11th.
Target Red Card
- Target RED Card
- Save 1% on purchases when you register on the Target Circle mobile app
- Target promotions and markdowns (in-store or online)
- Price-matching (up to 14 days after purchase)
How Do I Qualify for RED Card Discounts?
- The Target RED Card is available as a credit or debit option. Apply online or in-store and receive the following benefits:
- 5% off clearance and top deal purchases made online or in-store
- Free 2-day shipping
- An extra 30-day cushion for returns and exchanges
- Save 5% off subscription items
- Save 5% on Starbucks purchases made in-store
- More exclusive savings offered
- No Annual Fee
- Apply online towards a credit or debit account. The application also available in-store and by mail. Eligible account holders will need to provide:
- personal contact information (home address, email, and phone number)
- verification of identity (social security number, valid driver’s license or military ID number)
- Bank information and proof of income
Does Target ship to APO/FPO addresses?
- YES! Target ships to APO/FPO addresses.
Standard 2-day delivery applies. Express shipping not available. Items that can
not be shipped to APO/FPO addresses include:
- Heavy or oversized products
- Food items including candy
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Cosmetics and fragrances
- Products shipped directly from the manufacturer
Military Discount Categories
Cristina Van Orden is a literary writer and active military spouse. She holds an MFA from Antioch University and taught K-12 English before working in editorial. Cristina currently resides on base with her husband and children.