Target currently does not offer a military discount in-store or online, but there are a few options that can help you save on everyday expenses.
Does Target offer a military discount?
- No! Target does not offer a military discount.
How can I save with Target?
- Target RED Card
- Save 1% on purchases when you register on the Target Circle mobile app
- Target promotions and markdowns (in-store or online)
- Price-matching (up to 14 days after purchase)
Target Veterans Day Discount
Last Veterans Day, Target recognized veterans with 10% off in-store and online purchases. From Nov 3-11, veterans, active-duty troops and Guard and Reserve members were eligible to redeem this coupon.
Be on the lookout for more from Target next Veterans Day!
How do I qualify for RED Card discounts?
- The Target RED Card is available
as a credit or debit option. Apply online or in-store and receive the following
- 5% off clearance and top deal purchases made online or in-store
- Free 2-day shipping
- An extra 30-day cushion for returns and exchanges
- Save 5% off subscription items
- Save 5% on Starbucks purchases made in-store
- More exclusive savings offered
- No Annual Fee
- Apply online towards a credit or
debit account. The application also available in-store and by mail. Eligible
account holders will need to provide:
- personal contact information (home address, email, and phone number)
- verification of identity (social security number, valid driver’s license or military ID number)
- Bank information and proof of income
Does Target ship to APO/FPO addresses?
- YES! Target ships to APO/FPO addresses.
Standard 2-day delivery applies. Express shipping not available. Items that can
not be shipped to APO/FPO addresses include:
- Heavy or oversized products
- Food items including candy
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Cosmetics and fragrances
- Products shipped directly from the manufacturer
Additional Target Details
Target is part of the Veteran Jobs Mission coalition and pledges to hire one million Veterans by 2020. As of today, Target has hired more than 300,000 Veterans.
What is Target?
- Target is a major merchandise retailer supplying goods to communities nationwide.
- Target goods and services include
(some services available in select stores):
- Home goods and furniture
- Toys and books
- Baby items and furniture
- Sporting goods
- Beauty and cosmetics
- Food and kitchen supply
More on Target
- Target was founded in Minneapolis by George Draper Dayton in the year 1902.
- Target originally stood as a department retailer but transitioned into discount mass-marketing retail in 1960.
- Target develops its well-known slogan, “Expect More. Pay Less.” The slogan conveys its commitment to the community, placing the value in the customers.
- There are approximately 1868 store locations nationwide.
- 75% of the U.S. population lives within a 10-mile range of a Target store.
- Target has over 350,000 team members.
- 5% of revenue goes back into the community.
Military Discount Categories
Cristina Van Orden is a literary writer and active military spouse. She holds an MFA from Antioch University and taught K-12 English before working in editorial. Cristina currently resides on base with her husband and children.