TIDAL is connecting fans to artists through a music and entertainment streaming service. TIDAL is artist-owned, providing unique opportunities for sharing and cultivating the fan to artist experience.
TIDAL has over 60 million songs and 225,000 high-definition videos featuring both popular and indie artists. Those who sign up have the option to create playlists to share or select from curated content.
Does TIDAL offer a military discount?
- Yes! Tidal offers a 40% military discount on discounted plans and a 30-day free trial for new sign-ups (military discount applied after the free trial.)
Existing customers who haven’t received the Tidal military discount may apply the offer by logging into their account and changing the subscription.
Who is Eligible?
All servicemembers who are active-duty, retiree, veterans, or those honorably discharged from the military.
How do I Apply?
To receive the discount, servicemembers must verify their identity using SheerID. SheerID will ask eligible members for the following documents to confirm military status:
- Any document that proves you are currently serving under Title 10 or Title 32 Active Duty Orders for 30 days or more
- Any document that proves you are a Retiree from the US Armed Forces
- Any document that proves you met the qualifications of military service and were honorably discharged
Once TIDAL applies the military discount, the account holder must reverify eligibility every 12 months.
TIDAL Subscription Plans
Subscriptions allow fans to gain access to music, live shows, artist meet-and-greets, and other fan giveaways. Choose from two TIDAL X subscription plans offering military discounts:
Military Premium – Access to standard sound quality, high-definition music videos and curated content for $5.99 a month.
Military HiFi – Access to lossless High Fidelity sound, high-definition music videos and expertly curated content for $11.99.
Past fan experiences include:
- Members viewed a live stream of Rihanna’s The Fenty runway show in Paris.
- Over 1,500 TIDAL members were invited to JAY Z and Beyoncé’s charity concert, featuring other artists, Lauryn Hill, Nicki Minaj, Common and Usher.
- TIDAL subscribers attended in-person or streamed Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 3 and Season 4 fashion shows in New York.
- Over 500 ticket giveaways for Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas’ co-headlining ‘Future Now Tour’ in the U.S.
- Deals on family packages are available for up to five people per household.
- TIDAL’s platform is available in 54 countries, including the United States.
- TIDAL’s mission seeks to create a sustainable industry model. The company is owned by key figures in the music industry: Alicia Keys, Arcade Fire, Beyoncé, Calvin Harris, Claudia Leitte, Clifford “T.I.” Harris, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Jack White, Jason Aldean, J. Cole, Kanye West, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Shawn “JAY Z” Carter, Damian Marley, Indochine, Lil Wayne and Usher.
Military Discount Categories
Cristina Van Orden is a literary writer and active military spouse. She holds an MFA from Antioch University and taught K-12 English before working in editorial. Cristina currently resides on base with her husband and children.