The United Heroes League promotes a healthy and active lifestyle through sports. This organization knows and understands the dedication our military families give to our nation. In turn, they are proud to support the military community. They do this by offering free programs and special experiences for the military kids who also do so much for our country.
What Does the United Heroes League offer?
As of today, United Heroes League has provided over $10 MILLION dollars worth of free sports equipment, sporting event tickets, cash grants, skill development camps, and special experiences to families. This is offered to military families throughout the United States and Canada.
Who qualifies for the program?
Military children 18 years old and below with a valid military ID qualify for United Heroes League programs.
The status priority follows:
- Family of Killed In Action
- Combat Wounded Purple Heart Recipient
- Currently Deployed
- Currently Serving
- Veterans (Honorably discharged Veterans who deployed to a war/combat zone as defined by the Department of Defense or Veterans Administration.)
- E8 O1 WO1
- E9 O2 W03
- O3 WO3
- O4 WO4
How do I qualify?
Military parents can register their child/children by visiting the United Heroes League website, creating an account and verifying their military service.
United Heroes League Details
- This program is available online, therefore signing up for these programs can be accessed from anywhere.
- Some supporters/businesses that make this program possible are Anaheim Ducks, Arby’s, Bauer, Fox Sports North, George Parros, Granite City Lumberjacks Hockey, Matt Hendricks, Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Vikings, Minnesota Wild, Samueli Foundation, UPS and many more!
- The United Heroes League has a number of Teams, Players and Partners supporting their mission. Not only do they give monetary donations, but they also provide sports equipment, donate sports camps, subsidize associations fees and donate NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL, MLS and NCAA games tickets for the military children.
- United Heroes League Outdoors director Steve Payne organizes nationwide annual fishing events. Each event consists of 10 teams made up of military family members, a celebrity or professional athlete, corporate representative, and professional guides. Some of the events include rockfishing out of San Jose, Bass fishing in Lake Minnetonka, and trout fishing in the Bow River.
- UHL sometimes offers special experiences like sending a group to see the Super Bowl with Suite access, or giving military kids the chance to go shopping with the Timberwolves for a Christmas to remember. Sign up online for notifications regarding special experience opportunities.
- United Heroes League Sports Camps are great opportunities for military kids to connect with each other, make new friends, and learn new skills. Nationwide Sports Camps with UHL include Robby Glantz Hockey School, Thomas Greiss Hockey Camp, AKA Sport, Rink Rat 19, Warrior Camp, and Carroll Goalie School.
More on The United Heroes League
- Donations are welcomed and greatly appreciated! You can donate to this helpful cause by going to their website or by clicking here. Donors will have the option to choose the amount they would like to donate, and the frequency of their donation(s). You may even add who your donation is honor of.
- United Heroes League also holds education as a high priority. Because of this, they have paid over $500,000 in grants to help with local association fees. This is another great way for UHL to thank families that give so much for our country.
- They are currently paying grants for ten sports. Those sports include: Hockey, Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Football, Lacrosse, Golf, Volleyball and Wrestling.
- Children applying for grants are eligible for a maximum of two grants per year.