Walgreens and Duane Reade is popularly known as the neighborhood drugstore across America for its pharmacy products, photography services, and household staples and products.
There are almost 10,000 locations across the United States and stands as the second-largest American chain drugstore.
Walgreens and Duane Reade drugstores do offer military discounts from time to time. Find out ways to save below!
Does Walgreens/Duane Reade Offer a Military Discount?
Yes! The VA, in partnership with Walgreens and Duane Reade, expanded preventative healthcare to veterans. No-cost flu shots are now available to veterans enrolled in VA healthcare at participating locations.
Fill out the voucher provided online or in-store. There is no need to schedule an appointment. Simply visit the pharmacist at Walgreens with your VA ID Card and ID card. The pharmacist will send your vaccine record to your VA electronic healthcare record.
At this time, only the quadrivalent vaccine is available at a limited supply. Offer available from August 15, 2019 through March 31, 2020. Find your nearest participating store online or call to ask for services.
Veterans Day Military Discount
Last Veterans Day weekend, Walgreens and Duane Reade drugstores gave 20% off eligible regular balanced items with Balance Rewards Card to veterans, military, and families. Discounts were open from November 8-11, 2019.
Find out more information about the Balance Rewards Card below and look for future military discounts at Walgreens and Duane Reade stores near you!
Balance Rewards Card
The Balance Rewards Card is a point-system incentive program for loyal Walgreens and Duane Reade customers.
Interested customers can join online or through the Walgreens App by first creating a customer account. Make sure to link your account with your Rewards when you register.
Reward benefits may include:
- Redeemable points per dollar ($1 = 1000 points)
- Prescription and vaccination points
- Health and wellness challenges
- AARP exclusives
- Beauty Enthusiasts can earn up to 5000 pts per $50 spent on beauty
- Up to four family memberships may be linked for reward points
- Additional special promotions to members only
What is Walgreens/Duane Reade?
- Walgreens was originally established in 1901 by Charles R. Walgreen in South Chicago.
- Walgreens acquired Duane Reade in the New York area in early 2010.
- All store locations have a photography service or self-service kiosk.
- There are almost 10,000 drugstores located in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and District of Columbia.
More on Walgreens/Duane Reade
Services and products available:
- Prescription services and refills (Family Rx, Home Delivery Pharmacy, Nebulizer Services, etc.)
- In-store clinics
- Flu shots and vaccinations
- Contact lenses and eye supplements
- Beauty & Personal Care
- Vitamins & Supplements
- Home Healthcare
- Household items & staples
- Photograph Services
- Sexual Wellness
- Baby products
Cristina Van Orden is a literary writer and active military spouse. She holds an MFA from Antioch University and taught K-12 English before working in editorial. Cristina currently resides on base with her husband and children.