Walmart is one of the leading global market retailers with over 11,300 stores located in numerous nations. Although Walmart does not offer a military discount, it is known to hold some of the best affordable items.
Read below to find out ways to save and shop for food, electronics, home good products, services, and more.
Does Walmart offer a military discount?
- No! Walmart does not offer a military discount.
Walmart honors those who have served through their Walmart Careers with a Mission program for eligible veterans honorably discharged since 2013 and military spouses. Walmart committed to hiring 250,000 veterans by 2020.
Walmart recently launched Walmart+, a membership program that brings the best of Walmart services into a single package. Walmart+ claims that members can save over $1,300 each year versus non-members.
Some of the benefits of Walmart+ include free delivery from your store with $0 delivery fees, free shipping with no order minimum, member savings on fuel of up to $0.10 per gallon, and exclusive rewards and access to special promotions and events, including early access to Black Friday deals.
One of the more interesting new additions to Walmart+ is the inclusion of the Paramount+ streaming service. Paramount+ is one of the best ways to livestream CBS Sports, including NFL football.
Ways to Save at Walmart
Walmart has continuous deals on their Weekly Ad posts with rollback savings and promotional offers both online and in-store. Find your location to see the latest ads in your area.
Walmart also offers its own cardholder program via Capital One to applicants with eligible credit. Gas reward opportunities and an introductory offer of 5% off purchases for the first 12-months.
Does Walmart Ship to APO/FPO Addresses?
Yes and no. There are some restrictions on type, weight, size. The best way to see if your product is available to ship overseas is to enter your address upon check-out online.
Shipping charges vary with each product and may take up to 3-6 weeks for delivery.
Get two-day free shipping in the U.S. for items over $35, with exception to Alaska and Hawaii.
What is Walmart?
- Walmart began as a discount store for more than 50 years and rapidly grew in the last three decades to include hypermarket and e-commerce stores. It is now a billion-dollar corporation with customers all over the world.
- You can shop with Walmart Grocery online or through the Walmart App and order perishables and other fresh food products, household essentials, and medicinal supplies—plus, health & beauty, baby, pet items, and more. For a full list of available products, select and shop at your store location.
- This is not the same as the Department Walmart online store.
- Grocery service with purchases over $35 are eligible for next-day delivery.
- A list of products and services available in-store or online at Walmart. Keep in mind that some of these items may be limited to supermarket stores. For a full list, call your store location or visit the Walmart website:
- Toys & Baby
- Auto & Tires
- Sports & Outdoor
- Clothing & Apparel
- Electronics, Movies, and Music
- Health & Beauty
- Household Essentials
- Photo Center
Notable Brand Names:
- American Standard
More on Walmart
- Sam’s Club is a membership-only warehouse owned by Walmart, Inc. named after the founder, Sam Walton. Other brands under Walmart, Inc. include Alls Well, Bare Necessities, hayneedle, and VUDU.
- Walmart employs over 2.2 million people worldwide. Since 2013, Walmart has promoted over 39,000 veterans and 14,000 military spouses through its Walmart Careers with a Mission program.
Cristina Van Orden is a literary writer and active military spouse. She holds an MFA from Antioch University and taught K-12 English before working in editorial. Cristina currently resides on base with her husband and children.